A Different Kind of Bookstore

Welcome to Home Grown Books, a unique bookstore created by authors. Home Grown Books is dedicated to showcasing self-published authors. We offer readers a rare opportunity to discover new talent and to read books not found in traditional bookstores. We also provide a venue for authors to get their self-published books into the hands of the public. All the authors and artists are from or have connections to the Ozarks and represent a wide variety of genres.

Monday, June 6, 2011

New Arrival

Rain, Rain, Go Away
by
Stormi Bradley

Nine year old Shannon Keys has been neglected and left to raise herself most of her life because of her mother’s drug addiction. Shannon just wants to be loved and so she pushes herself on Felicia Brown her neighbor who lives alone in the same apartment building as Shannon.

Felicia has experienced some traumatic things in her life and wishes to not be bothered by anyone. Felicia disconnected herself from what used to be a close family after her mother dies, accusing her brother and sisters of not helping her care for their dying mother.

When nine year old Shannon insist on Felicia seeing about her and allowing Felicia to know what she really is going through, Felicia feels she has no other choice but to try and help Shannon.

But in order for Felicia to really get involved with Shannon and help her there’s some things she needs to address in her own life. Felicia is in need of making a mends with her own family, and getting to know her own daughter Candace, in which she gave up at birth because she was autistic.

To purchase Rain, Rain, Go Away contact the author at stormi.reagan@cox.net .

Meet Stormi Bradley
My name is Ethel Reagan Bradley but everyone refers to me as “Stormi.” I was born and raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma where I currently reside. I have written all of my life. Being a published author has always been a dream of mine. I was told early in life that I had a gift of expressing my self through my words, and that I should use what God has given me. After my mother passed away, I made a promise to her and to myself that I was going to go after my dream. I love writing, and I write from my heart and soul. My motto is, If I can feel it, then I can write it.

No comments:

Post a Comment